Today's
class was really interesting to me in that I enjoyed learning about occupation
adaptation. In the video that we watched about Pieter du Preez, Still Running, his
determination to continue his occupation regardless of his disability shows how
adaptations can truly help individuals continue to live their life to the
fullest. Pieter was so positive and knew how important it was to work
hard to have a mindset that allowed him to accomplish his goals and continue to
succeed at his ultimate goal of competing in Ironman triathlons. By making the
adaptations necessary, he was able to continue this occupations as he wish.
I also enjoyed reviewing the Transtheoretical Model of Change and how it can be applied to occupational therapy. I use to refer to the model often in one of my previous jobs as a Weight Management Program Coordinator and have seen first hand how this model can be used. I definitely agree with this model and see its importance in understanding the stages so as an OT practitioner, I can understand where my clients are in their stage of change and whether or not they are ready to make the changes or adaptations needed in order to reach their goals.
I also enjoyed reviewing the Transtheoretical Model of Change and how it can be applied to occupational therapy. I use to refer to the model often in one of my previous jobs as a Weight Management Program Coordinator and have seen first hand how this model can be used. I definitely agree with this model and see its importance in understanding the stages so as an OT practitioner, I can understand where my clients are in their stage of change and whether or not they are ready to make the changes or adaptations needed in order to reach their goals.
No comments:
Post a Comment