I was constantly thinking throughout our different activities on how actual clients would act and react to the different steps in each of the activities. The activity I found the most difficult that our group worked on was making the friendship bracelets. The steps and process to get the correct pattern of the strings was difficult and I could see clients getting frusterated or confused. I think it would be important to start with an easier pattern and then grade up from there to make it harder.
Thursday, April 27, 2017
Activity Analysis Project & Lab (OT 425)
The activity analysis project and lab has been my favorite project in OT school so far! Everyone's activities in my group were very engaging and could easily been graded up and down. This type of project and analysis is so relevant and important for an occupational therapist to be able to do so they are able to specifially pick out what client factors and performance skills a client may need to work on. It is also important to be able to break down an activity and be creative by figuring out what different populations an activity could be used for. All of the activities in my group could be used in multiple setting and with multiple age groups and diagnosis.
I was constantly thinking throughout our different activities on how actual clients would act and react to the different steps in each of the activities. The activity I found the most difficult that our group worked on was making the friendship bracelets. The steps and process to get the correct pattern of the strings was difficult and I could see clients getting frusterated or confused. I think it would be important to start with an easier pattern and then grade up from there to make it harder.
I really enjoyed the activity and analysis of making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and talking about the ways to grade up and grade down. It was interesting to think about and analyize the different ways of grading for this activity because initially it seems like such an easy and simple activity to complete. It was also nice to enjoy a yummy snack during class since peanut butter is one of my favorite snacks.
I was constantly thinking throughout our different activities on how actual clients would act and react to the different steps in each of the activities. The activity I found the most difficult that our group worked on was making the friendship bracelets. The steps and process to get the correct pattern of the strings was difficult and I could see clients getting frusterated or confused. I think it would be important to start with an easier pattern and then grade up from there to make it harder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment