Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Reflection of ALS Case Study: Steve Gleason

I thoroughly enjoyed doing my case study on Steve Gleason. His story is so inspiring and insightful into the challenges that people diagnosed with ALS encounter. I decided to do my case study on Steve Gleason after watching his documentary, Gleason. I would highly recommend this documentray as it is a raw and real portrayal of the progression of the disease and how it can not only affect the person physically but as well as emotionally. Steve's perspective on life with ALS is so incredible and he continues to make the most out of every single day. I also believe that his committment to helping fund research for ALS and helping others with ALS is really admireable. Through my research, I found his twitter and he even responds to tweets from people that are experincing symptoms or have questions regarding ALS. I hope that through his determination and drive towards advocating for more research, more progress can be made towards the treatment and eventually a cure for ALS.

No comments:

Post a Comment