Tuesday, February 20, 2018

OT 532: Leadership Summit


Last week, a few of my classmates and I met to discuss our ideas and thoughts regarding our next group facilitation. I met with Chelsea, Makayla and Annese since we all were scheduled to present on the same day. We were able to bounce ideas off of each other and get feedback to be more prepared for leading this session. We decided to each tell the group about what our current plan and ideas were and then listen as the other group members gave suggestions and brainstormed different ideas. I felt as though this session was helpful since I didn’t have a partner to work with during this session to create my protocol. It was also helpful that each of us had selected different topics to work with so that we were able to provide fresh, different ideas than what we had already thought of for our group session.

We talked about different activities and theories that would work best for each of our sessions and even how to adapt the session for different populations. It was interesting to me to hear about other topics that would be presented to other groups. Since I will not be a participant in their sessions, it was beneficial in order for me to learn about even more group session activities and ideas. This meeting was valuable in order to get different perspectives on our topic in order to help us plan the best session that we could.

No comments:

Post a Comment